RBF Consulting, a Company of Michael Baker International, has an exciting opportunity for an Urban Designer (Project Manager I) to join our Planning team in our Irvine, CA office.
The Urban Designer will assume a leadership role within the Western United States and join a collaboration of experienced urban planners, urban designers, landscape architects, and transportation experts dedicated to making a difference in towns and cities throughout the country. The ideal candidate for the Urban Designer position shares a commitment to making a difference in communities and desires to actively participate in, as well as lead, community based urban planning and design projects, including downtown and corridor revitalization, public space design, streetscape, transit-oriented development and new urbanist master planned communities.
The Urban Designer’s responsibilities will include:
• Lead and manage urban design, master plans, and revitalization projects of varying sizes and complexities in diverse communities.
• Make public presentations, facilitate community involvement efforts, and participate in competitive interviews for projects.
• Conduct urban design studies utilizing hand-drawing techniques, Sketch-up and other computer-based modeling.
• Identify new opportunities and assist in positioning for, and ultimately securing the opportunity.
• Provide urban design and marketing support as needed to offices in the West Region and throughout the United States.
• Author products, scopes of work, budgets and schedules.
• Provide mentorship to emerging young professionals.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with demonstrated leadership in the field of urban design, architecture or landscape architecture
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning or a related field
• Master’s degree in Urban Design, Urban Planning, Architecture or Landscape Architecture
Baker offers excellent benefit packages that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, Flex-Time, 401-K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Credit Union. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.mbakercorp.com.
Baker is an EEO/AAP (M/F/V/H) e-Verify Employer
To apply for this position, please log on to www.mbakercorp.com/careers select “Job Search” and reference IRC47856 in “Keywords.”