Iteris, Inc., is a worldwide leader in software based information solutions for the Intelligent Traffic Management market. We are focused on the development and application of advanced technologies and software-based information systems that reduce traffic congestion, provide measurement, management and predictive traffic analytics, and improve the safety of surface transportation systems. By combining its unique IP, products, decades of expertise in traffic management, hyper-local weather solutions and information technologies, Iteris offers a broad range of Intelligent Transportation System (“ITS”) solutions to customers worldwide.
This individual will serve as a member of the Iteris transportation planning and modeling practice performing and supporting a wide-range of transportation planning projects. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining regional and local travel demand models, analyzing results and generating model outputs for traffic and environmental analysis. The qualified individual will also prepare traffic studies and highway capacity analysis for various projects such as PSR, PA/ED, CEQA/NEPA studies.
1. Bachelor’s degree in transportation, civil engineering, urban and regional planning or a closely related field
2. Minimum of 5 years of consulting and/or public sector experience in the transportation planning field
3. Proven success developing and running travel demand models, micro-simulation models and other transportation analysis modeling tools such asTransCAD, Cube/Voyager, VISSIM, AIMSUN, Paramics as well as GIS/and/or other platforms
1. Master’s degree in transportation, civil engineering, urban and regional planning or a closely related field
2. Excellent communication skills including writing and presentation skills
3. Knowledge of recent developments in travel demand forecasting such as activity-based modeling
4. Awareness of current transportation trends and issues such as multi-modal level of service analysis and bicycle and pedestrian plans
5. Desire to obtain a professional license in traffic engineer, transportation planning or civil engineering
6. GIS experience/expertise
7. Ability to analyze modeling output results, working with project managers and with project teams, for applications such as complex traffic impact studies, freeway/interchange Project Study Reports/Project Reports, corridor studies, city general plans and other similar projects. Ability to format and use the model results for air quality model applications, Highway capacity Manual (HCM) studies, intersection post processing and other similar analyses. Ability to develop area wide and corridor level measures of effectiveness such as vehicle miles travelled (VMT), vehicle hours travelled (VHT) and vehicle delay and to portray that information in graphics, tables and charts within technical reports and presentations.
Please contact Thao Lim at email@example.com with questions