RRM Design Group is currently seeking a full-time Senior Urban Designer with a passion for projects related to design, function, and arrangement of buildings, streets, open space, and other urban features to enhance the private and public environment. The successful candidate will help prepare and manage a wide range of key planning documents, including TOD, corridor, streetscape, and downtown vision, master, and specific plans, design guidelines and standards, land development plans and regulations, and project design review. They will thrive in a collaborative environment, have a passion for preparing quality work, and a desire to manage projects and support business development.
The Senior Urban Designer will be a member of our Planning and Urban Design Department and will collaborate with RRM’s architects, engineers, and landscape architects to produce high quality projects. They will possess a strong understanding of project management fundamentals, exercise independence and judgement while receiving general supervision and support from senior management. They will help mentor and delegate to support staff. Candidate must have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; good verbal and written communication skills; and strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will enjoy tackling challenges, bring an intellectual curiosity, and thrive in a fast-paced setting. Post COVID implications, travel for business may be required for project work and interoffice coordination.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of planning experience
• Bachelor’s degree in urban design, city planning, architecture, or landscape architecture.
• Knowledge of California current planning and development law and CEQA
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage project schedules and budgets
• Active membership in a professional organization preferred (APA, ASLA, AIA, CNU, ULI, etc.)