About the Job
Dudek is seeking a senior planner/project manager to join our planning and urban design group, which works collaboratively with experts across all disciplines to provide comprehensive planning and urban design services to public and private-sector clients. The ideal candidate will have strong technical aptitude, keen understanding of implementation-focused policy and zoning codes, effective communication skills, proven business development abilities, and thrives in a collaborative working environment. The role will offer diverse assignments and responsibilities in support of our housing, resilience, environmental justice, community planning and/or urban design practice areas.
Our work is underpinned by the belief that great places derive success from the synergies of thoughtful design, first-rate public spaces, excellent mobility, and healthy environments. We take our role in shaping cities and the lives of city-dwellers with the humility it deserves.
Our culture is the foundation of who we are and how we work. We are employee-owned and client-focused.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Practice independent decision making.
– Manage multiple complex and controversial projects, such as the preparation of general plans, master plans, corridor plans, specific plans, zoning ordinances, design guidelines and development standards.
– Effectively strategize and lead community and stakeholder engagement.
– Lead large, multi-disciplinary project teams, contracts, and budgets.
– Organize, edit, and peer review work products from junior and associate level staff. Provide team support and mentorship.
– Lead business development efforts in new and expanding markets and foster client relations, including spearheading conference panels and similar opportunities.
– Bachelor’s degree in City and Regional Planning or a related field
– Ten (10) years of professional planning experience with at least five (5) years of project management experience.
– Experience managing and navigating highly complex and difficult processes, projects, and clients.
– Working GIS knowledge, e.g. experience with Urban Footprint, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite
– Ability to collaboratively work in a team setting, and professionally represent Dudek in client/agency interactions
– Excellent verbal communication skills
– Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
– Knowledge of California planning and development law, especially as they relate to housing policy and regulations.
– Master’s Degree in City and Regional Planning, or related field
Member of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
– Spanish, Arabic, or Tagalog fluency
– Experience working in under-resourced communities
– Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai’i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.