PlaceWorks is seeking an experienced urban designer to join and assist in leading and growing the Design Team in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate has 8+ years of urban design and project management experience, ideally in both the public and private sectors. Our Team works collaboratively and across disciplines on projects involving urban infill development, comprehensive planning, visioning, downtown revitalization, transit-oriented development, streetscape and parks design, mixed-use development, and large-scale master plans.
You’re most likely a fit if:
• You are creative, self-starting, outgoing, collaborative and passionate about your work, and love planning for the future of communities.
• Multi-tasking is second nature and you have successful experience overseeing and coordinating major components of design projects of all sizes within budget and schedule.
• You are experienced with preparing and providing direction for the scope and content of design documents.
• You have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and solid client communication abilities.
• You are experienced in marketing and business development.
• You’re comfortable with public speaking and presenting—you’ll be expected to represent PlaceWorks at job interviews and to coordinate and conduct presentations at community workshops.
• You are genuinely interested in working with junior staff and overseeing workflow and successful project execution.
• You have strong leadership and management abilities to grow, mentor, and lead staff members.
• Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in architecture, urban design, or related field.
• Minimum 8 years of urban design/planning and project management experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Are able to attend community workshops which may occur on weekday nights and weekends.
• Have a current and valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and acceptable MVR to drive on Company business for performing site visits and attending meetings.
We are flexible in considering candidates with greater experience than those specified above. Salary range and title will be commensurate with experience.
INTERESTED IN THIS OPPORTUNITY?
To be considered, submit your cover letter, resume, and writing samples and/or design portfolio as a single PDF (no greater than 10MB) with the email subject line, “Los Angeles: Senior-level Urban Designer” to email@example.com.