1. Candidate must be located within Southern California.
2. Please do not apply for this position if you are not a US citizen or if you are not a US Green Card holder.
This position serves as a public information liaison and a communication link between the utility line projects and the project teams, defines strategies and plans for project communications, addresses and resolves project issues, and leads various public information efforts. Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for the complete event planning function for Pipeline Improvement Projects events and public outreach meetings and will assist with presentation of the projects to various City Planning Commission, Boards and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Oversees overarching communication, outreach and marketing for the program.
– Coordinates with other program administrators.
– Manages relationships with program directors and communication personnel to coordinate efforts.
– Acts as a liaison to an outside marketing agency managing the communications campaign. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of communications campaign and provides recommendations for adjusting the campaign as necessary.
– Updates and maintains the program’s website regularly with events, information and news.
– Provides update to the viral marketing and social networking efforts of the program.
– Attends regional fairs and conferences to promote the program.
– Supports program director by drafting language and providing communication materials as needed.
– Prepares regular reports for public notice purposes.
– Manages professional public outreach services or consulting contracts.
– Performs related work as required.
– Effective communication and public outreach techniques
– Public agencies
– Organizing outreach campaigns
– Developing clear written content for technical and non-technical audiences for use on the program website and within print materials
– Public speaking and confidently communicating verbally to a wide variety of audiences.
– Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
– Plan, schedule and organize multiple priorities and a high volume of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Experience in the design and implementation of public outreach program or related marketing experience is a plus.
– Experience in the theory and practice of energy efficiency retrofits is a strong plus.
– Experience with updating and maintaining a website is a plus.
– Public Agency: 4 years
If you are interested in applying for the Senior Community Outreach Coordinator position with GEPermit, please email your resume and cover letter to Gulsum Rustemoglu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest!