MIG is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and driven planner for our Pasadena, California office. We are seeking a candidate with education and professional background in urban planning, urban design, public health, community engagement, or related professions to work with an innovative, hard-working, and fun team dedicated to creating environments, organizations, and tools for human development.
The Associate will work on a variety of planning and policy projects that incorporate community engagement. These can include general plans, specific plans, strategic plans, visioning, community health, and environmental and natural resource planning projects. He or she will help with plan analyses and reports; mapping, visualization, and graphics production; community engagement activities; and other work products for both public and private sector clients. The candidate should be able to think critically of ways to transform places and inspire people about their cities, and to be able to express desired change both in writing and graphically.
The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in urban design, architecture, city/urban planning, or public health, or a bachelor’s degree combined with two to three years of broad experience. The candidate must have strong writing skills, excellent graphics capabilities, and the desire to work as an enthusiastic team member. Required computer skills include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and GIS. AutoCAD, SketchUp, and design skills are also a plus, as are bilingual capabilities.
This is a full-time position. Some evening and weekend work will be required for community engagement and deadline-driven work.
• Master’s degree in urban design, city/urban planning, architecture, public health policy, or similar fields, with Bachelor’s degree acceptable with work experience
• 1-4 years of professional experience in planning, policy, urban design, community engagement, and public policy
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong graphic and design skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and produce high-quality work
• Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
Please email your resume and portfolio with references and a descriptive cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls or email inquiries, please. The position is open until filled.