The City of Anaheim Planning Department is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and outgoing Part Time Planning Aide. The Part Time Planning Aide will assist the Historic Preservation Planner with the day-to-day operation of the City’s Historic Preservation program. Candidates must possess a high degree of customer-savvy written and oral communications skills, thrives in a multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment, and possess a jack-of-all-trades office skillset which include proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
Applicants must have education and experience in Urban Planning or a related field. A Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or a related field is highly desired. Prior experience historic preservation and/or architecture is a plus.
This Part Time position will average 20 hours per week with no minimum hours guaranteed. Schedule can be flexible but candidates must be available to work the hours Monday to Friday between 8AM and 5PM.
– Assist staff in the collection, research, and analysis of data.
– Assist staff with preparation of written reports and recommendations related to zoning, land use and other related fields or issues.
– Review applications for compliance with ordinances, and departmental policies and procedures.
– Respond to inquiries from the general public, development community, and City officials and staff; assist in interpreting provisions of ordinances.
– Review development plans for compliance with code and program requirements.
– Maintain and updates various contracts, records, and resources.
– Coordinate projects and programs with other departments and agencies to meet established deadlines.
– May attend public hearings and other meetings as needed.
– Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.