Under direction of the Building Regulations Administrator, the Permit Center Supervisor is responsible for the overall day to day operation of the Permit Center including supervision, training and discipline. The Permit Center Supervisor acts as the administrator of the permit issuance system and coordinates interdepartmental/division functions for workflow efficiencies, as well as coordinates and oversees all customer service and permitting functions. Additionally, the Permit Center Supervisor performs advanced technical work and does related work as required. Previous management experience required, as the Permit Center Supervisor is responsible for supervising Permit Technicians I & II and support staff.
Benefits: Plus great benefits!
• Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate;
• Three years of progressively responsible experience as a Permit Technician with at least one year in a supervisory or lead capacity.
• Certification as a Permit Technician from the International Code Council (ICC).
Note: Must be available to work evenings or weekends for special assignments
The ideal candidate should possess:
• Exceptional public contact skill.
• Demonstrated organizational operations leadership.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Full range of Technical knowledge and skills related to processing of municipal development permits.
• Governmental revenue accounting experience.
• Database/computer and information systems capabilities.
• Office management and office equipment skills and abilities.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit an online application and supplemental at www.TorranceCA.Gov/523.htm.
The application filing period opens Monday, June 15, 2015 at 7:30 A.M. and closes Friday, July 3, 2015 at 5:30 P.M.