RAIMI + ASSOCIATES, a Berkeley-based planning firm with offices in Los Angeles and Riverside, is looking for a senior staff member in our downtown Los Angeles office to grow and expand our capacity in the region. The job will involve working on a variety of planning projects (General Plans, Specific Plans, zoning codes, etc.), conducting business development activities, and managing the Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will know the planning environment in the region, provide strong technical planning skills, be a motivated self-starter, and share our mission and values.
The position will be responsible for:
• Growing the firm’s presence in the Los Angeles region by serving as the senior staff member in the area
• Managing and making significant contributions to a variety of planning efforts, such as General Plans, Specific Plans, Master Plans, community plans, and zoning code projects
• Business development, including writing proposals and advanced marketing
• Strategic input and collaboration with other project managers on a variety of projects
• Assisting with company management and direction
• Managing and mentoring staff
Skills and Experience
The following is a list of the range of skills and experiences that we are looking for, understanding that every candidate will not have all of the following skills and experience.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in the planning field
o Experience as a planning or urban design consultant
• Experience preparing and managing innovative plans including General Plans, Specific Plans, Precise Plans, Master Plans, comprehensive zoning code updates, Form Based Codes, ordinances, and other planning documents (Note: Experience with all types is not required. Additional types of technical planning experience are welcome and should be highlighted.)
• Knowledge of the nuts-and-bolts of planning, urban design, and/or zoning
• Experience leading successful public outreach and engagement programs in diverse communities
• Proven ability to manage a team of staff members, including serving as a director of a department or a multidisciplinary team of professionals
• Business development experience including writing proposals, advanced marketing for new projects, and generating new contracts
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and flexible environment
• Desire to both manage and work on projects
The position is in our downtown Los Angeles office and the candidate will be responsible for growing and managing this office. It is expected that the candidate will work from the physical office M-F during normal business hours (except when off-site for work meetings). At this time, we are not considering telecommuting / work from home arrangements.
Salary and Benefits
DOE, to be negotiated. Raimi + Associates offers competitive benefits including paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation days; sick time; professional development; family and medical leave; and a 401k among other benefits.
The ideal candidate may be considered for partial ownership of the company in the near future.
Questions may be asked via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of submitting your resume.
Please send application materials to email@example.com with the subject line: “R+A Senior Project Manager – LA”. Applications should include your resume, portfolio (if applicable) and/or links to work samples, and a brief cover letter (addressed to Matthew Raimi) describing why you believe your skills, experience, and interests align with the responsibilities of this position and the mission of the firm.
Interviews will occur on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
Raimi + Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Selection for positions is based on merit without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other characteristics.