RAIMI + ASSOCIATES, a planning, urban design and public health consulting firm with offices in Riverside, Berkeley and Los Angeles, is currently seeking a full-time Intermediate Planner, to join our Riverside office. We are looking for a motivated, talented, self-starter with planning experience who wants to be part of a fast-paced team working on innovative planning projects. Our portfolio of work includes General Plans, Specific Plans, Climate Action Plans, public outreach and participation, sustainable neighborhoods and healthy community planning. Raimi + Associates, a leader in innovative planning solutions, has been recognized by the American Planning Association as the National Emerging Planning and Design Firm of 2015.
Prospective candidates should have an interest and commitment to applying the principles of sustainability, healthy communities, and a demonstrated dedication to producing high-quality work. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities and to excel as the firm grows and expands.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Planning or closely related field.
• Employment and/or previous experience (5 years) in a planning consulting firm, local government or non-profit focused on planning. A Masters degree in planning may count toward up to two years of job experience.
• Knowledge of California land use planning including General Plans, Specific Plans, zoning codes, CEQA and other laws and regulations.
Desired Skills and Expected Responsibilities (This is our wish list but not everyone will have all these skills)
• Writing, research, and policy development for land use, health, and/or sustainability plans.
• Excellent written, graphic and oral communication skills.
• GIS data management, analysis and content creation (knowledge of GIS is essential)
• Quantitative analysis of land use programs, public health data, and greenhouse gas emissions.
• Urban design skills including ability to produce site analysis graphics, site plans and renderings.
• Graphic design, document layout, and infographics (knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is essential).
• Project management and coordination.
• Spanish fluency, willingness to travel, and interest in community outreach are highly desirable.
If you have skills, experience or qualifications other than those listed above that may be of interest to the company, please describe them in your cover letter or resume.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary, DOE. Raimi + Associates offers competitive benefits including fully paid health insurance, vacation days, and sick time.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and other relevant information on your work experience (10 pages max) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raimi + Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Selection is based on merit without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.