About the Job
We are seeking an Environmental Planner/Assistant Project Manager to assist with the preparation of environmental impact analyses and documentation pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Experience with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is also desirable. The ideal candidate will have experience preparing and managing the CEQA documentation for small sized projects. The individual chosen for this position will work collaboratively with Dudek’s environmental team in southern California and will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, including water/wastewater, energy, infill development, commercial, residential and mixed-use projects. This position will be based in either our San Juan Capistrano or our Pasadena offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of CEQA documentation, including Categorical Exemptions (CE); Initial Studies, Mitigated Negative Declarations (MND), Addendums, and program- and project-level EIRs.
• Research and data collection to provide substantial evidence for analyses
• Technical writing, including citations to support the administrative record
• Project management, including participation on conference calls/meetings and interfacing with clients and agencies. For smaller projects, preparing and managing project schedules and budgets.
• Assisting with marketing activities and proposals
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Essential Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Planning or a related field
• Master’s Degree is desirable
• Five (5) years of professional experience in preparing environmental documents pursuant to CEQA
• Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to collaboratively work in a team setting, and professionally represent Dudek in client/agency interactions
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Ability to travel regionally for business; reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai’i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!