PlaceWorks is searching for planners of various levels to join the Planning Team in our Santa Ana office. We are looking for individuals who have 0 – 6 years of professional experience related to planning. The ideal candidates are creative, self-starting, outgoing, collaborative, and passionate about helping shape and improve communities. Supporting project managers and other senior staff, planners apply planning knowledge and technical skills to contribute to the successful completion of projects at a variety of scales, often working concurrently on more than one project. Typical projects of our planning practice include general and specific plans, master plans, zoning, housing policy, urban revitalization/infill, and local/regional transportation plans, as well as community engagement.
You’re most likely a fit if:
• You love planning for the future of communities and making a difference with your work.
• You’re a self-starter who can work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
• You have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
• You have excellent writing, formatting, and proofreading skills and are detail-oriented.
• Engaging with the public excites you, and you’re willing to jump-in to help with outreach efforts. You may be asked to coordinate meetings, prepare and assemble materials/supplies, present, and/or facilitate discussions at workshops.
• You have professional acumen to cultivate working relationships with clients, community org’s, and other firms.
• You enjoy using your technical skills to create graphics, maps, plan documents, proposals, and presentations.
• You’re a skilled researcher and enjoy analyzing and compiling research and data as required by a project.
• Multi-tasking is second nature and you can produce final project documents and products by stated deadlines.
• You’re interested in assisting with marketing, business development, and proposal efforts for planning work.
• You’re experienced and proficient with ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in urban or regional planning, architecture, public administration, or closely related field.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Are able to attend community workshops which may occur on weekday nights and weekends.
• Have a current and valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and acceptable MVR to drive on Company business for performing site visits and attending meetings.
Salary range and title will be commensurate with experience.
INTERESTED IN THIS OPPORTUNITY?
To be considered, submit your cover letter, resume, and writing samples and/or design portfolio as a single PDF (no greater than 10MB) with the email subject line, “Santa Ana: Entry- to Mid-level Planner” to email@example.com.