As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Power Sector, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a key client-facing Partner in Southern California, and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its heart. This position can be based in Pasadena, Ontario, Marina del Rey, or Irvine.
We are looking for an established leader who is interested in being part of this thriving global community – an outstanding professional who combines strong consulting and business development skills with a strong technical foundation – to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships in the Power industry, with a focus on the electric and gas transmission and/or generation siting/development markets. We seek an individual to help us drive the continued growth of ERM’s business through selling and delivering world-class services, recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for supporting development of some of the world’s most complex projects.
ERM’S IMPACT ASSESSMENT & PLANNING PRACTICE:
ERM’s Impact Assessment & Planning practice focuses on supporting development of projects in the power, oil and gas, mining, chemical, transport, and infrastructure sectors. Our goal is always the same: assisting our clients in achieving project success, from planning through construction and operation, while meeting expectations for assessment and management of impacts on environmental, health, and cultural resources. By helping clients bring these issues into the project planning process early, we seek to help our clients meet environmental performance objectives, enable savings in capital and operating costs, and avoid significant approval and other delays.
ERM combines experience with global standards, such as the Equator Principles and International Finance Corporation’s Performance Standards, with a thorough understanding of local regulatory systems and cultural sensitivities. We apply state-of-the-art assessment tools, from GIS to modeling and visualization techniques. We have also developed our own Impact Assessment Standard, which we use to maintain consistency and quality when other standards do not apply in a particular situation.
ERM’s Impact Assessment & Planning practice has been ERM’s highest growth practice globally, growing over 20% per year for the past 5 years. The practice currently has over 1,000 professionals globally, representing the full range of technical disciplines, with sector experience across the board. What ERM’s practice is perhaps best known for is supporting some of the most challenging development projects in the world. It is this reputation that attracts and retains the highly skilled consultants who comprise ERM’s Impact Assessment & Planning team.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further his/her career with an equity stake in a global environmental health and safety consultancy that aims to lead the field in professional consulting services. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
• The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
• Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
• The opportunity to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
• A platform to leverage ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
• Primary focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients in the electric/gas transmission and generation siting/development markets. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM’s Impact Assessment & Planning broad portfolio of services to electric/gas transmission and generation clients domestically, including the following offerings:
o Facility siting & permitting
o Environmental impact assessment
o Water resources management
o Land management services
o Biodiversity & ecosystem services
o Social and economic services
o Cultural heritage
o Construction compliance monitoring
• Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target electric/gas transmission and generation clients aligned with ERM’s global strategy.
o Provide business value, selling strategically within client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
o Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
o Maintain a pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
o Manage business opportunity capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
• Contribute to leadership and management of project execution activities in support of ERM clients’ electric/gas transmission, generation and other major capital projects. Lead consulting engagements in the areas of impact assessment, technical discipline-specific consulting and/or multi-media permitting.
• Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
• Support the growth and development of ERM’s global Impact Assessment & Planning practice and actively collaborate with colleagues across the globe. Drive innovation within the practice to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
• Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client and practice teams.
• Meet business health & safety performance standards, financial targets, overall project budgets and schedules, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal risk management and contractual requirements.
• BS/MS in biology, environmental science or engineering, social sciences, planning, geography, or related field.
• 15+ years of consulting experience with impact assessment and/or multi-media permitting, including substantial experience with the electric/gas transmission and generation markets in the Western US.
• In-depth understanding of the electric/gas transmission market and the companies operating in this market, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business; and/or in-depth understanding of generation facility siting, regulatory review, permitting, and development processes and the companies operating in this market, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
• Business acumen to understand business risks and challenges, and to recognize opportunities to provide enterprise-wide solutions for clients.
• Demonstrable track record in delivering multi-million dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
• Recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
To apply, please follow the link below:
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past three years we have worked for more than 50 percent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world, in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. These sectors face critical sustainability challenges. Our clients in these sectors and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them to improve sustainability, which fosters a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.