The City of La Habra Heights is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and dedicated individual to become a Community Development Aide for the Department. Under the direction of the Principal Planner or other appropriately designated staff person, this position will be the point of contact for the public, perform clerical duties for the Community Development Department, and perform entry-level work pertaining to Building, and Code Enforcement. The successful candidate will be expected to create a welcoming atmosphere for the public, be customer-service oriented, have knowledge of basic clerical duties, and be willing to learn building and code enforcement procedures.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Answering phone, distributing mail, responding to customer inquiries, taking messages and transferring calls to department staff;
• Routing building plans;
• Scheduling inspections for Building Inspector;
• Issuing Business Licenses and permits for Building and Public Works Departments;
• Conducting surveys, research and compiling data for special studies;
• Responsible for opening and closing City Hall counter;
• Conducting basic office functions as needed, such as data entry, file management including working with the City’s record management system (Laserfiche), customer service, and other duties as assigned.
Required Experience / Education
Two years of increasingly responsible clerical experience including one year experience comparable to that of customer service representative or equivalent. Must possess a high school diploma. Any combination equivalent to the experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. An associate degree is highly desirable.
A valid California Class C Driver’s License is required and must be maintained throughout the course of employment.
Final Filing Date: The position is open until filled. First review will begin on October 10, 2016.
Applications are available at www.LHHCity.org or at City Hall. Mail your signed and complete application, cover letter, and resume to Grace Andres, 1245 N. Hacienda Road, La Habra Heights, CA 90631, or apply via email at HumanResources@LHHCity.org.
The City of La Habra Heights is an equal opportunity employer.