Please note this is a temporary position subject to funding. Currently the position is anticipated to be funded through June 30, 2020. During Fiscal Year 2019/2020 funding for this position will be reevaluated.
Under general supervision, performs entry and journey-level current and advanced planning functions in support of staff and management; and performs related duties as assigned.
1. Conducts research studies and prepares reports and findings regarding land use, zoning, urban design, population trends, transportation, housing and environmental needs; maintains, updates and analyzes demographic and other data required for planning functions; reviews or revises specific elements of the General Plan and environmental documents, plans, ordinances and other policies and procedures.
2. Provides information and assistance to developers, property owners and the public regarding basic laws, regulations, policies, standards and procedures with respect to the submission of plans, processing of applications, and implementation requirements.
3. Reviews, investigates and processes various plans and applications for subdivision, housing and commercial and industrial developments, variances, conditional use permits and business licenses; determines conformity with laws, policies, regulations and procedures.
4. Prepares staff reports and recommendations for review by senior planning staff and management for presentation to various commissions, boards and community groups.
5. Prepares a variety of written communications, including analytical reports, commentaries, correspondence and drafts of revisions to local ordinances, policies and procedures.
6. Compiles, analyzes and interprets data to define environmental conditions and community and zoning projects or requests; answers questions and provides information and assistance to the public in person, on the telephone and in writing.
7. Prepares maps, graphs, charts and other visual aids to illustrate presentations of planning studies; develops and prepares material for pamphlets, brochures and publications.
8. Uses computers and software programs for various technical planning projects and studies.
9. Attends Planning Commission and City Council meetings.
HOW TO APPLY
A City of San Dimas application must be submitted and may be completed online by visiting the City website at www.cityofsandimas.com. Questions may be directed to Human Resources at (909) 394-6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than Friday July 12, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. A resume may be attached to the application, but does not substitute for a completed City application.