On May 21st, the Orange Section of APA hosted their Annual OCAPA Awards Ceremony at the beautiful Strawberry Farms Golf Club! The event hosted planners from around Southern California and awarded Orange County planners on their hard work they have dedicated to make great communities happen!
The awards ceremony hosted its first silent auction that showcased local goods and services, which benefited the California Planning Foundation Scholarship fund! The Silent Auction was a great success and exceeded our expectations!
Additionally, this year OC-APA mixed up the event to award students and encourage the study of planning. APA Orange Section and the Planning Directors Association of OC awarded the Bob Goldin Scholarship to twenty students residing or studying planning in Orange County for a total of $14,000!
Were you at the event? Take a look at pictures from the event and like your favorite photo on our facebook page!
- Outstanding Planning Award Opportunity & Empowerment: Triada at the Station District, City of Santa Ana
- Outstanding Planning Award, Transportation Planning: City of San Clemente Pedestrian Master Plan, City of San Clemente and KTU+A
- Merit Award, Transportation Planning: Buena Park Multi-Modal Mobility Action Plan, City of Buena Park and RRM Design Group
- Outstanding Academic Award Healthy Communities Practicum: UCI Community Outreach Partnership Center, Orange County Health Care Agency, RBF Consulting, a Company of Michael Baker International
- Outstanding Planning Award: Best Practices La Floresta, City of Brea, Chevron Land & Development, KTGY Group, Inc., La Floresta, LLC, Oakmont Senior Living, Land Concern
- Merit Award, Best Practices, Business Assistance Program: City of Anaheim and Sheri Vander Dussen, AICP Planning Director
- Outstanding Planning Award, Urban Design: City of Newport Beach Civic Center and Park, City of Newport Beach, Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, and C.W. Driver