Air Quality Specialist
(Environmental Specialist I)
Location: Irvine, CA
Professional Discipline: Environmental Services
Michael Baker International has an exciting opportunity for an Air Quality Specialist (Environmental Specialist I) to join our Environmental Services team in our Irvine, CA office.
The Environmental Specialist will be part of a team that provides assistance to both external and internal clients on a variety of projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience performing air quality and greenhouse gas (GHG) technical studies in support of CEQA and NEPA documentation for various public and private projects, including land use development projects, transportation, infrastructure, institutional, recreation, and Specific Plans.
Strong emphasis will be placed on previous technical experience, quality of work, and the ability to manage project budgets and schedules. Excellent communication skills, willingness to collaborate with others, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are essential. Some site work will also be required.
Applicants with knowledge or experience in preparing Acoustical Assessments are highly desired.
Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare emissions analysis using computer models such as CalEEMod and MOVES and data sources such as EMFAC, OFFROAD and AP-42
• Perform dispersion modeling using AERMOD, CAL3QHCR, and similar tools
• Prepare air quality and greenhouse gas emissions technical reports and sections of CEQA and NEPA documents for land development, transportation, and infrastructure projects
• Prepare health risk assessments
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, physical sciences or equivalent
• Minimum of three years of related experience
• Familiarity with Federal, State and local air quality regulations, plans, policies and guidance
• Excellent analytical skills and exceptional problem solving ability
• Strong technical writing abilities
To apply, please visit https://mbiwebapps.mbakerintl.com/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&OAMC=R&p_svid=53361&p_spid=316805&p_lang_code=US