Congratulations 2014 Award Winners and Thank You Sponsors!
The Annual Orange Section APA Awards was held on May 21, 2014 at Strawberry Farms Golf Club in Irvine, CA.
Over 120 planners from the Orange County community celebrated local planning achievement. The evening recognized 7 projects in 5 award categories.
Congratulations to our Outstanding and Merit Award Winners:
- Outstanding Planning Award Opportunity & Empowerment, Triada at the Station District, City of Santa Ana
- Outstanding Planning Award, Transportation Planning, City of San Clemente Pedestrian Master Plan, City of San Clemente and KTU+A
- Outstanding Academic Award Healthy Communities Practicum, UCI Community Outreach Partnership Center, Orange County Health Care Agency, RBF Consulting, a Company of Michael Baker International
- Outstanding Planning Award, Best Practices La Floresta, City of Brea, Chevron Land & Development, KTGY Group, Inc., La Floresta, LLC, Oakmont Senior Living, Land Concern
- Outstanding Planning Award, Urban Design, City of Newport Beach Civic Center and Park, City of Newport Beach, Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, and C.W. Driver
- Merit Award, Transportation Planning, Buena Park Multi-Modal Mobility Action Plan, City of Buena Park and RRM Design Group
- Merit Award, Best Practices, Business Assistance Program, City of Anaheim and Sheri Vander Dussen, AICP Planning Director
Good luck as you nominate your projects for California Chapter awards!
Thank You Jurors!
Members of our jury panel offered experience in a variety of planning disciplines. Thank you to our jury for their time and expertise!
- Ken Chew, Ph.D.- Department of Planning, Policy, and Design | University of California, Irvine | Senior Lecturer
- David Crabtree, AICP- City of Brea | Acting Director | Community Development Department
- Randy Nichols, LEED GA- p3 services | Principal Consultant
- Alene Taber, AICP- Jackson, DeMarco, Tidus, & Peckenpaugh
- Christy Teague, AICP- City of Dana Point | Economic Development Manager
A Very Special Thank You to Our Sponsors!
The purpose of the Orange Section awards program is to encourage quality in planning and to increase the public’s awareness of the planning profession by recognizing local achievements in our field.