October is National Community Planning Month! Celebrate planning achievements all month long with the Orange Section of the American Planning Association (APA) and the OC Young Planners Group (YPG). Great planning cannot be achieved without even greater planners, so this month we will be highlighting agencies and companies throughout Orange County. Here’s how it works:
- Grab your co-workers and take a “planner selfie.” This can be taken in the office, outdoors in the field, or anywhere that is meaningful to your team. Feel free to get creative!
- Send us a quote that briefly describes what planning means to you. Ideas for quotes may include:
- How is planning benefiting your community?
- What are your favorite aspects to being a planner?
- What important planning issues does your agency or company face?
- Why did you become planners?
- What exciting changes are underway in your community due to great planning from your agency/company?
- Email your picture and quote to: email@example.com. Please include your name, title, and company/agency name. If your company/agency has a Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram page, please send us the link so we can be sure to tag them!
- Your picture and quote will be featured on our social media pages. Just look out for our hashtags: #weareplanning and #plannerselfie. Entries will be accepted until October 31, 2018.
- At the end of the month, each agency and company that submitted a picture will be entered into a raffle drawing. One company/agency will be randomly selected to win a “Trader Joe’s Treat Basket.” Baskets will be delivered to your office in November, just in time for your team to enjoy some Thanksgiving treats!
So what are you waiting for? Get those smartphones ready for your “planner selfie”! For questions, please contact Stephanie Roxas and Martin Mares, YPG Co-Chairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.