PlaceWorks is seeking a full-time, mid- to senior-level planner in Orange County to join our Planning team. We are looking for a planner with at least 4 – 8 years of professional planning experience, ideally with experience managing general plans, specific plans, housing elements, zoning updates, and community outreach, or portions thereof. The ideal candidate is creative, self-starting, outgoing, collaborative, and passionate about helping shape and improve communities. An ability to lead and work with others is a must. Under the guidance of project principals, the Project Manager will guide project teams on a variety of projects and ensure their successful completion in terms of project goals, business objectives and client satisfaction. In addition to strong organizational skills required of project managers, candidates must have a broad understanding of planning knowledge and track record of project success. Typical work of our team includes preparation of general plans, specific plans and housing policy documents; community outreach and engagement; GIS analysis; web development; and active transportation planning, among others. The person in this position would report to an Associate Principal or Principal in our Santa Ana office and work with other team members around the state.
You’re most likely a fit if:
• You love planning for the future of communities and making a difference with your work.
• You thrive in collaborative environments. You’re a team player.
• You are exceptionally well-organized and enjoy marshalling various resources to complete complex projects.
• You have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
• You have excellent writing, formatting, and proofreading skills and are detail oriented.
• Engaging with the public excites you, and you’re comfortable leading outreach efforts.
• You’re able to attend community workshops which may occur on weekday nights and weekends.
• You have professional acumen to cultivate working relationships with clients, community organizations, and other firms.
• You enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior-level staff.
• Multi-tasking is second nature and you can complete final project documents and products by stated deadlines.
• You’re interested in assisting with marketing, business development, and proposal efforts for planning work.
• You are experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Adobe InDesign skills are desired but not required.
• You have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in urban or regional planning, or closely related field.
• You have a current and valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and acceptable MVR to drive on Company business for performing site visits and attending meetings.
To be considered for this opportunity, submit your cover letter, resume, and writing and/or design samples as a single PDF (no greater than 10MB) with the email subject line, “Project Manager (Santa Ana)” to email@example.com.
Salary range will be commensurate with experience.
Based in California, PlaceWorks is one of the premier planning, design, and environmental services firms in the U.S. The firm’s expertise and services span a wide range of practices, including city planning, urban design, landscape architecture, environmental review, GIS, and community participation. Our interdisciplinary, holistic approach integrates sustainability, economic vitality, community goals, and collaboration with our clients in the planning and design process. We are passionate about our work and together with our clients, will continue to create great places. To learn more about the work we do, please visit our website: www.placeworks.com.
To our employees, we offer interesting and diverse project work; a casual, collaborative, and flexible work environment; training, professional development, and career growth opportunities; a comprehensive benefits package (for full-time employees); and the chance to work amongst industry leaders, practice area founders, and friendly, supportive, and dedicated colleagues.
PlaceWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at PlaceWorks are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status covered by applicable federal, state, or local law.