RRM Design Group is a multi-discipline design firm headquartered in San Luis Obispo since 1974 with offices in San Juan Capistrano and Santa Barbara. With offices throughout the state, we build strong relationships between people, places, resources, and public agencies, Creating Environments People Enjoy®. We are seeking a Planner to join our team in our San Juan Capistrano office.
Responsibilities for the Planner position include:
• Site and master planning and presentation graphics; base mapping, site and land use planning, entitlement processing, and contract planning.
• Project management duties including directing support staff, client management, and schedule and budget management.
• Facilitating public outreach meetings, project presentations to clients and public agencies.
• Effectively delegate assignments, direct and manage research of code requirements, laws and ordinances, and official records, and ensure quality control in document and plan preparation.
• Writing text-based documents such as specific plans, master plans, design guidelines, strategic plans and feasibility studies.
Education and Experience:
• Four (4) to seven (7) years of planning experience preferred, with substantial experience in a private consulting firm setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree in City and Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or other related field.
• Knowledge of California Planning and Development Law and CEQA.
• Proficient in, Microsoft Office, InDesign, and Photoshop.
• An understanding of other graphic software programs (e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, etc.) is beneficial.
• Professional certification or licensing is highly desired.
Key Traits for the Planner:
• A Doer/Go-Getter
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
• Team Player
RRM offers a competitive compensation and benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more.