Planner or Intermediate Planner (Full-Time)
Location: Berkeley, CA or Riverside, CA
Application deadline: March 27, 2017
RAIMI + ASSOCIATES provides a range of planning, public health, and research consulting services to create healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities. The level of the position can be either Planner or Intermediate Planner, depending on qualifications and level experience. The ideal candidate should be an independent self-starter who enjoys a casual and fun work environment, but can multi-task and remain organized and focused within the fast-paced demands of consulting. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities, including policy writing, physical planning, GIS and technical analysis, graphic design, urban design, community engagement, proposal writing, and business development. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) as soon as possible to email@example.com. The application deadline is March 27.
• Writing, research, and policy development for planning documents
• Data analysis
• GIS analysis and map-making
• Assisting with public outreach and participation, including workshops and social media
• Graphic design
• Administrative tasks such as updating project web sites
• Writing and organizing proposals and other business development activities
• Project management (may vary depending on level of experience)
Desired Skills and Experience (we understand that not every candidate will have every potential skill)
• Commitment to health, equity, and sustainability
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Intermediate or advanced ArcGIS
• Graphic design, document layout, and infographics skills, including ability to use Adobe Creative Suite
• Previous experience in community planning, urban design, zoning, or community development at a planning consulting firm, local government, community-based organization, or advocacy organization
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Planning or closely related field
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
• Experience writing proposals, grants, or other business development activities
• Knowledge of California land use planning including General Plans, Specific Plans, zoning codes, CEQA
• Fluent in spoken and/or written Spanish
Salary and Benefits
Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
Raimi + Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Selection is based on merit without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.