Orange County Public Works has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, certified Planner IV to work in their Planning and Land Development divisions. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
– Supervising planning consultants, lower level planners and administrative staff.
– Presenting projects and reports to approving authorities.
– Preparing written documents, staff reports and public notices.
– Perform difficult planning research.
– Review and process complex planning documents, including interpreting applicable regulations and codes.
– Respond to public inquiries and assist in the interpretation of ordinance, laws and
regulations as they pertain to land development.
– Ensure all plans and projects are in compliance with local and state regulations.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience and knowledge in planning and land development and will possess a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Urban Planning or related degree. The successful candidate will be experienced in providing leadership and direction to staff to ensure delivery of efficient, high quality services.
Possession of a current and valid certification from the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is highly desirable.