PlaceWorks is seeking a full-time Planner with a specific interest in environmental planning and environmental analysis, to work on the Environmental Team in the Santa Ana Office. We are looking for a planner that is passionate about their work, creative in their approach, enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment, and is deeply committed to providing environmental services. The Environmental Team works collaboratively and across disciplines on projects such as, commercial centers, mixed-use development, parks, specific plans, general plans, schools, and infrastructure projects. Our office is fast-paced and planners may work on several projects at a time.
This is an entry-level position. The ideal candidate will have 0 – 1 year of experience (such as through an internship) related to planning. Specific experience related to environmental planning is a plus. The Planner will assist with researching, reviewing, analyzing, and writing documents related to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA); and processing data and impact analysis for initial studies and environmental impact reports (EIRs). The candidate must be detail-oriented, and possess excellent writing and analytical skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Executes multiple assignments with multiple project managers.
• Conducts research, compiles data, reviews, analyzes, and prepares technical writing of CEQA/NEPA documents.
• Coordinates and produces final products and presentations.
• Assists at community meetings by preparing meeting materials, taking notes, and facilitating small group discussions (these meetings may occur on weekday nights and weekends).
• Analyzes project research/data, spots issues, and synthesizes ideas into meaningful outputs and solutions.
• Performs site visits as needed.
• Expands knowledge and keeps up with best practices with respect to the position.
• Minimum 4-year college degree (Bachelor’s degree). Bachelor’s degree in urban, regional, environmental or natural resource planning; public administration; land use or environmental law; or related field, is preferred.
• Masters degree in related field is a plus.
• 1 year related experience performing the responsibilities listed above is a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task with project work and meet stated client-initiated deadlines.
• Able to work in a highly collaborative environment with other team members such as urban planners and designers, landscape architects, economists, environmental planners, and other specialists.
To apply, please submit the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover Letter
• Writing Samples
PlaceWorks is an equal opportunity employer.