PlaceWorks is seeking a full-time Planner to join the Community, Planning and Design Team in the Santa Ana Office. We are seeking a planner that is passionate about their work, creative in their approach, enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment, and is deeply committed to providing planning and design services that help shape and improve communities. The Community, Planning and Design Team works collaboratively and across disciplines on projects involving urban infill development, comprehensive planning, visioning, downtown revitalization, transit oriented development, streetscape and parks design, mixed-use development, and large-scale master plans. Our office is fast-paced and planners may work on several projects at a time.
The ideal candidate would have 1 – 4 years of experience in planning. The Planner will apply planning knowledge to produce documents, coordinate presentation materials, write proposals and reports, and conduct research to assist project teams and other staff members on a variety of public and private sector planning projects. The Project Planner may also be responsible for administrative components of project management on small and mid-sized projects. Types of project work includes: general and specific plans, master plans, urban revitalization/infill, zoning, planning policy, transportation projects, and local/regional transportation plans. The candidate must possess excellent writing skills and have an interest in community outreach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Executes multiple assignments with multiple project managers.
• Coordinates and produces final products, graphics, and presentations.
• Writes, formats, and proof-reads sections of proposals, statements of qualifications, marketing material, and project documents (including editing materials from sub-consultants), with oversight from the project manager or other staff.
• May complete some aspects of project management on small to mid-sized projects. Examples include, but are not limited to: contract management; status reports; billing reviews; file/document management; writing and formatting sections of proposals.
• Assists at community meetings by preparing meeting materials, assembling and setting up outreach supplies, taking notes, and facilitating small group discussions (these meetings may occur on weekday nights and weekends).
• Conducts research and compiles data as required by the project.
• Analyzes project research/data, spots issues, and synthesizes ideas into meaningful outputs and solutions.
• Performs site visits as needed.
• Expands knowledge and keeps up with best practices with respect to the position.
• Minimum 4-year college degree (Bachelor’s degree); Bachelor’s degree in planning, architecture, public administration, urban design, or related field is preferred.
• Masters degree in related field is a plus.
• 1 – 4 years of related experience performing the responsibilities listed above.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
• Proficiency using specialized applications is desirable, but not required. Specialized applications include: Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino, SketchUp, ArcGIS.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task with project work and meet stated client-initiated deadlines.
• Able to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment with other team members such as planners, urban designers, landscape architects, economists, environmental planners, and other specialists.
To apply, please submit the following materials to: Molson@placeworks.com
• Cover Letter
• Resume (PDF)
• Writing and/or Design Samples
PlaceWorks is an equal opportunity employer.
- : california
- : Santa Ana
- : http://www.placeworks.com