Position: Permitting Analyst Level II
Job Type: Contract, Project-Based Full-Hire
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Los Angeles/ Orange County
The Permitting Analyst Level II is responsible for reviewing, dropping off, and picking up city permit packs for GEPermit. This person also interfaces with city plan checkers and the project design team on technical issues.
Examples of Duties:
The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a qualified disability to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
Essential Functions (General):
1. Review and compilation of permit packages.
2. Drive to municipality offices to process city permits, often dropping off and picking up 3-4 permits a day.
3. Understand and record technical corrections to ensure that permit packs are approved.
4. Effectively interact with numerous city and project staff to advance approbals in a timely manner.
5. Provides responsive, high quality service to GEPermit clients, employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
1. Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, environmental science, transportation, civil engineering, public policy, preservation or related area of study.
2. Ability to establish and maintain client relationships.
3. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; strong negotiating skills, proven analytical and judgment skills; extremely detailed-oriented and seasoned expertise in management of conflicts and complaints.
4. Must have strong computer skills; with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
5. Must be able to work within a team to accomplish organization goals and have strong organization and time management skills with the ability to meet priorities and deadlines.
6. Must be able to organize thoughts and display a high level or professionalism and integrity.
7. A valid California Class C driver’s license, which must be maintained throughout employment, is required at time of appointment, or the ability to arrange necessary and timely transportation for field travel. Employees may be required to use their own vehicle.
8. Must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Report (no DUI’s in the last 7 years).
9. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
GEPermit is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All candidates must have a valid U.S. ID and/ or work authorization in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Gulsum Rustemoglu at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org