A special thank you to all of our 2018 Awards Program Sponsors!
On May 23, 2018, the American Planning Association – Orange Section hosted the 2018 Annual Awards Program, honoring great planning occurring throughout Orange County. The Orange Section received 17 nominations for projects in categories ranging from Academic to Best Practices with a panel of five jurors tasked to review each nomination and select award winners for the project’s innovation and implementation.
On the day of the event, over 150 planners were in attendance to celebrate the awarded projects and to take away lessons learned and best practices for planning in Orange County. Of the 17 projects, 13 were selected to receive an Award of Excellence or Merit.
- Outstanding Planning Award – Academic: University of California, Irvine, Mengdi Li, Urban Heat Island Effects Mitigation
- Outstanding Planning Award – Best Practices: City of Orange, Historic Preservation Design Standards For Old Towne
- Outstanding Planning Award – Opportunity And Empowerment: City of Orange, Family Care Center, Emergency Shelter Ordinance Homeaid, Orange County
- Outstanding Planning Award – Urban Design: City of Newport Beach, RRM Design Group, West Newport Mesa Streetscape Master Plan
- Outstanding Planning Award – Opportunity and Empowerment: City Of Garden Grove, Jamboree Housing Corporation, Garden Grove United Methodist Church
- Outstanding Planning Award – Implementation: City of Anaheim, Code Streamlining And Improvement Plan
- Outstanding Planning Award – Urban Design: KTGY Architecture And Planning, Olympia Capital Corporation, IP Westminster, LLC
- Award Of Merit – Emerging Planning And Design Firm: Sagecrest Planning+Environmental
- Award Of Merit – Implementation-Small Jurisdiction: City Of Tustin, Placeworks, Tustin Legacy Specific Plan
- Award Of Merit – Urban Design: City Of Placentia , The Old Town, Placentia Revitalization Plan
- Award Of Merit – Public Outreach: City Of Brea, Brea Envisions Committee Brea Envisions Ambassadors Brea Envisions Community Engagement Plan
- Award Of Merit – Best Practices: City Of Laguna Beach, Jordan Villwock, Placeworks, Local Hazard
- Award Of Merit – Best Practices: Southern Ca Association Of Governments, Street Plans Collaborative
A special thank you to our Awards Jury and Awards Program Committee.
Awards Program Committee: