About the Job
We are seeking a strong environmental geologist or earth scientist candidate with 5-7 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry to support our growing environmental practice. The environmental geologist or earth scientist will primarily use published data and/or third-party technical field studies to characterize geologic, soils, and hydrologic conditions both at the project site and community level; qualitatively and/or quantitatively evaluate impacts upon such conditions from proposed development or land planning activities; and formulate recommendations for the avoidance of impacts or hazards that could result from the development. The successful candidate could work from our Sacramento, Auburn, Oakland, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Pasadena, San Juan Capistrano, Encinitas, or San Diego offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Responsible for preparing geology/soils and hydrology/water quality impact analysis for a range of projects, in accordance with CEQA/NEPA requirements
– Communicate and explain geologic/hydrologic technical concepts to clients
– Present conclusions of analysis as requested at public hearings on the CEQA/NEPA document
– Participate in preparing proposals in pursuit of future project work opportunities
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology or Earth Science, or related subjects
– 5-7 years related experience and proven track-record in assessment of geologic, soils, and hydrologic issues pursuant to the requirements of CEQA and NEPA
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong analytical, problem solving, quantitative skills a plus
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work independently and as a team member
– Organized, detail oriented
– Service- oriented, motivated self-started with sound business practices
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects.
Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai’i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- : https://dudek.com/join-our-team/open-positions/
- : Kelsey OBrien, Recruiting Coordinator