GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
As an Entitlements/Permitting Specialist, you will assist with administration of a broad range of zoning, permitting, and code research tasks. You are responsible for coordinating with team members in other engineering disciplines to work on various stages of client projects during the site development and entitlement phase. This role requires significant exercise of judgment on details and in making preliminary selection and adaptations of development alternatives.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a qualified disability to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
Essential Functions (General):
1. Research, review and compilation of technical data as it relates to entitlements and municipal permitting of pipeline installation and testing activities.
2. Prepares federal, state and local permitting submission documents coordinating a wide range of supporting technical specialties.
3. Research and interpret environmental laws and regulations.
4. Analyzes, summaries and/or review data, reports findings, interprets results and/or makes recommendations.
5. Provides consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice, and/or facilitates decisions.
6. Effectively interact with numerous project staff, clients, and consultants to advance projects in a timely manner.
7. Develop relationships with various regulators to better develop environmental filings and support project review.
8. Provides responsive, high quality service to GEPermit clients, employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years work experience and solid working knowledge of pipeline entitlements and permitting practices.
2. Experience working with municipalities, specifically Los Angeles County, City of Los Angeles, and public/federal agencies such as CALTRANS and the Federal Highway Administration is highly preferable.
3. Must be knowledgeable in the legal aspects of entitlements, permits, and real property interest.
4. Knowledge of entitlements and permitting must span an adequate understanding of legal views, government regulations of pipeline industry, engineering, maps and drawings, public relations, public awareness, negotiation, property management and appraisal.
5. Ability to establish and maintain client relationships.
6. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; strong negotiating skills; proven analytical and judgment skills; extremely detailed- oriented and seasoned expertise in management of conflicts and complaints.
7. Must have strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
8. Must be able to work within a team to accomplish organizational goals and have strong organization and time management skills with the ability to meet priorities and deadlines.
9. Must be able to organize thoughts and make professional presentations and display a high level of professionalism and integrity.
10. A valid California Class C driver’s license, which must be maintained throughout employment, is required at time of appointment, or the ability to arrange necessary and timely transportation for field travel. Employees may be required to use their own vehicle.
11. Must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Report (no DUI’s in the last 7 years)
12. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
Office environment; exposure to computer screens. Limited fieldwork is required. Fieldwork has inherent concerns including, but not limited to, exposure to wild and domesticated animals, poisonous plants, and long driving hours to survey sights.
Essential Physical Characteristics
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a qualified disability to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
Continuous: upward and downward flexion of the neck. Frequent: standing, sitting, repetitive use of the hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers; side-to-side turning of neck; fine finger dexterity to operate keyboards and writing materials. Extensive: walking or hiking on uneven terrain in remote areas.
Must have a reputation for honesty and trustworthiness. Misdemeanor and/or felony convictions may be disqualifying depending on type, number, severity, and recency. Prior to appointment, candidates will be subject to a background investigation.
GEPermit is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All candidates must have a valid U.S. ID and/or work authorization in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Gulsum Rustemoglu at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.