Under general direction, plans and directs development operations including current planning, design review, advance planning, subdivision review, environmental review, code compliance, regional planning, building and safety, and related activities; directs staffing, budget and policies of the department; and performs related duties as required.
1. Directs staffing and work plan for the department; establishes department goals and determines policies, projects and administrative work having the highest priority; reviews and approves performance development plans.
2. Oversees the work of professional and managerial employees; checks work for acceptability and conformance with standards; plans, coordinates, and schedules employee assignments and projects.
3. Meets with and negotiates with property owners and developers regarding major and sensitive planning and projects.
4. Attends and makes formal presentations at Planning Commission and City Council meetings and addresses policy questions and issues, including matters involving legal standards and historical precedents.
5. Prepares, reviews and approves staff reports and correspondence pertaining to planning, building, and code compliance matters.
6. Participates on management team in order to review City-wide goals, policies and issues.
7. Supervises consultants on various current planning, advance planning and development projects.
8. Prepares and oversees adherence to department budget.
9. Coordinates planning, building, and code compliance projects and activities between departments.
10. Oversees the customer service needs of the department and City; attends to a broad range of projects or specialized issues as needed or assigned.
11. Regularly requires the employee to attend night meetings and business-oriented functions.
HOW TO APPLY
A City of San Dimas application must be submitted and may be completed online by visiting the City website at www.cityofsandimas.com. Questions may be directed to Human Resources at (909) 394-6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- : california
- : San Dimas
- : https://sandimasca.gov/cityjobs/
- : Kevin Frey