County of Orange | The County of Orange has an exciting opportunity for an experienced effective leader to direct
the OC Public Works Development Services Division. This individual will serve as a key member of the senior
management team, and will work closely with the Board of Supervisors and the OC Public Services Areas to ensure the County’s unincorporated areas are developed and maintained to the County’s high quality and standards.
THE OPPORTUNITY :
The OC Public Works/Deputy Director will have oversight of the five sections of the
Development Services Division: Planning, Land Development, Permitting, Building &
Safety and Inspection Services with a Service Area budget exceeding $19 million. The Deputy Director will have administrative responsibility for planning and managing all the activities within the Service Area and will be the forefront in promoting new operating policies and procedures and forecasting the County’s future needs. This incumbent will serve as a liaison between OC Public Works and the Board of Directors, and will cultivate a positive, productive working relationships between elected and administrative officials, community and business leaders and the Orange
– Will be responsible for the formulation of strategies and goals that are consistent
with the County’s mission and vision.
– Possess considerable knowledge and sound application of the principals and
practices within land use planning development review and regulatory
– Can serve on high profile or critical Countywide land use and development
– Has the expertise in budget management and oversight.
– Has knowledge in the principles of personnel management, including supervision,
training and performance evaluation.
– Possess the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner orally and in
written form to persuade a range of audiences from government officials,
community organizations , the general public and the media.
– Can engage people, organizations, and partners in developing goals, executing
plans and delivering results.
– Certification from the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is highly
The County of Orange Human Resources is currently accepting application for this position. It is recommended that interested candidates apply immediately as this recruitment may close at any time.