Psomas, an Employee Owned firm and one of the top-ranked consulting engineering firms in the nation, providing surveying, engineering, construction management and environmental services throughout the Western United States, has an opening for a CEQA/NEPA Project Planner/Manager in our Santa Ana office.
We are looking for an advancing environmental planning professional with strong working knowledge in CEQA/NEPA review and 7-15 years of experience in the Southern California market who is known for delivering high-quality documents and services particularly for transportation infrastructure clients (i.e., Caltrans).
The ideal candidate will enjoy opportunities for career growth while working on high-profile and challenging projects in an organization that embraces entrepreneurial values.
Psomas offers excellent opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package.
• Flexible and alternative work schedules
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• 401(k) Plan
• Professional development and licensing reimbursement
• Performance and career development programs
• Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
• Company-paid life insurance
• Company-paid short and long-term disability
The Santa Ana office is seeking a qualified Project Planner/Manager with strong analytic and writing skills to develop California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents and related permitting reports for transportation infrastructure and other projects. As a member of our Environmental Planning team, you will be preparing the impact analyses for challenging projects, processing documents through the state and/or federal environmental reviews, as well as supporting project management for public and private sector clients.
• Prepare logical, well-written, comprehensive, and legally defensible analyses for use in CEQA/NEPA documents
• Manage CEQA/NEPA process and coordinates with the project team to ensure delivery of compliant technical work products on schedule and within budget
• Provide technical reviews of sub-consultant work products
• Communicate with clients in a professional and responsive manner
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations for and participates in public meetings
• Prepare scopes of work and fees for proposals, and coordinates with sub-consultants
• Participate in marketing events, pre-bid meetings, and interviews
• Assist with marketing activities
• Assist with creating a cooperative team-centered culture and mentoring staff
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, urban development, planning, policy or related field is required; a master’s degree is preferred
• 7-15 years of experience in preparing CEQA/NEPA studies that depict an ability to prepare legally defensible documents for increasingly complex and/or controversial projects
• Demonstrated success (+/- 4 years of experience) in providing CEQA/NEPA analysis/document preparation services for transportation agency clients including Caltrans
• Client references and/or letters of commendation
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Valid driver’s license and be able to meet company insurance requirements for driving