The City of Menifee is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Planner to perform professional level work in the field of urban planning and zoning administration; and to perform related work as required.
Ideal Candidate will:
• Analyze and interpret social, economic, population and land use data and trends; prepare written and graphic reports on various planning and environmental matters and elements of the General Plan.
• Compile information, prepare reports of a moderate to complex nature, and make recommendations on special studies pertaining to land use, zoning, housing and other planning functions.
• Research and draft ordinances for review with supervisor.
• Review re-zoning, variances, conditional use permits, design review, and other similar planning related applications; prepare legal notices to public hearings; prepare reports pertaining to advisability and permissibility of the requests; confer with property owners and petitioners regarding effect and implications of zoning and developments actions.
• Review building plans, parcel maps and subdivision proposals for compliance with appropriate regulations; prepare reports of recommendations for review by superiors, various boards and commissions and the City Council.
• Present staff reports and provide professional staff support to a board or commission served by the Planning Department as assigned.
• Assist the general public by providing information on Zoning and General Plan matters and development related case processing information.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience – The ideal candidate will have at least two (2) years of experience.
Licenses and Certificates – Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
Education – Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in urban planning, community development, business or public administration, or a related field.
Compensation and Benefits:
The starting salary will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and skills of the successful candidate and within the range of $61,711 – $79,190 annually.
The City of Menifee also offers a competitive benefits package, including California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) pension, CalPERS medical plans, dental, vision, life insurance, paid leave, flexible spending account, and continuing education. Click here for more specific benefits information.
About the City of Menifee:
Situated in the heart of southern Riverside County along Interstate 215, Menifee is a vibrant, new city of more than 92,000 residents who enjoy a pleasant year-round climate, abundant recreational offerings, reasonably priced housing and convenient proximity to some of Southern California’s premiere attractions and employment centers.
Within its 50 square miles, Menifee’s business, retail and entertainment outlets are starting to shape the community’s character and this growing economic base is also contributing favorably to the city’s strong financial position.
Menifee’s growing family-oriented population values the city’s ongoing commitment to public safety, community events and smart growth for the future. All of these elements are working together to support the city’s strategic vision to make Menifee one of the state’s most promising new cities.
To apply, follow this link – https://www.calopps.org/regional-government-services/job-18068741
The deadline to apply is April 15, 2018 before 11:30 PM PST.
Applicant must answer supplemental questions with application.
Candidates who are most qualified will be invited to an Oral Interview Examination tentatively scheduled for April 26.
Additional inquiries about the position may be directed to Kay Randolph-Pollard firstname.lastname@example.org. Neither Regional Government Services nor the City of Menifee are responsible for failure of internet forms or email in submitting your application. Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise Human Resources by emailing email@example.com.
- : california
- : Menifee
- : https://www.calopps.org/regional-government-services/job-18068741