KTU+A is a multi-disciplinary firm with markets ranging from active transportation, local, regional and federal planning (Navy and Marine Corps) and landscape architecture. KTU+A is seeking a mid-level project planner to assist in active transportation planning and design projects throughout California. This position may involve working in other market areas, including park planning, complete streets, transportation demand management, site planning, land use planning and community planning.
KTU+A is seeking an individual with a passion for active transportation who has four or more years of experience assisting in managing projects and staff for planning, design, public outreach and technical aspects, such as CAD, GIS and 3D modeling. The position will require client management, project management and team management as well as technical skills and public speaking experience.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in planning, landscape architecture, traffic engineering, civil engineering, environmental studies or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to assist in managing multiple project priorities simultaneously with multi-disciplinary project teams within budget and schedule constraints.
• Familiarity with traffic engineering principles, complete streets as well as MUTCD and HDM, AASHTO, NACTO, etc., active transportation planning and design standards.
• Experience in report writing, research and document production.
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign), ArcGIS, SketchUp or other related 3D software.
• Ability and willingness to travel, mostly in southern California.
• Motivated self-starter able to work independently and in a team collaborative environment.
• Obtained or actively working towards certification in AICP, Licensed Architect, LEED, GISP, PTP, or Licensed Landscape Architect.
Negotiable based on experience.
KTU+A is an equal opportunity employer and has been in business over 45 years. KTU+A offers a fun, engaging and dynamic working environment.
• 401(k) with Substantial Employer Matching
• 125 Cafeteria Plan Allowing Pre-Tax Expenses
• Performance Bonus Plan
• Stock Options and Profit Sharing Plan
• Holiday, Sick Leave and Vacation Benefits
• Medical and Dental Coverage
• Bike and Transit Commuting Benefits and Car Share Membership
Position available immediately and will remain open until filled. Send resumes to Sharon Singleton, Sharon@ktua.com