Congratulations 2015 Award Winners and Thank You Sponsors!
The Annual Orange Section APA Awards was held on June 10, 2014 at the Anaheim Packing House.
Over 100 planners from the Orange County community celebrated local planning achievement.
Congratulations to our Outstanding and Merit Award Winners:
- Outstanding Planning Award Comprehensive Plan: Large Jurisdiction, City of Santa Ana | Placeworks |IBI Group
- Outstanding Planning Award Comprehensive Plan: Small Jurisdiction, City of La Habra | Placeworks
- Outstanding Planning Award Communications Initiative, Visualizing the Code Video Series, City of Anaheim
- Outstanding Planning Award Transportation Planning, Enhanced Mobility and Complete Streets Transportation Plan, City of Laguna Beach
- Merit Award Transportation Planning, City of Fullerton | Lilley Planning | Placeworks |IBI Group | SCAG
- Merit Award Economic Planning & Development, City of Newport Beach, Community Development Department
- Academic Award of Merit, Nicholas Chen, UC Irvine Master of Urban and Regional Planning Candidate 2015
- Distinguished Leadership Award, Jim Holloway
Good luck as you nominate your projects for California Chapter awards!
Thank You Jurors!
Members of our jury panel offered experience in a variety of planning disciplines. Thank you to our jury for their time and expertise!
- Seth Pipkin, Ph.D.– Department of Planning, Policy, and Design | University of California, Irvine | Assistant Professor
- Amy Stonich, AICP– City of Tustin | Senior Planner
- Randy Nichols, LEED GA– p3 services | Principal Consultant
- Yatman Kwan, AICP– Caltrans District 12 Division of System Planning-Travel Forecasting-Freight Mobility | Branch Chief
- Dave Barquist, AICP– Kimley-Horn | Planning Practice Builder
A Very Special Thank You to Our Sponsors!
The purpose of the Orange Section awards program is to encourage quality in planning and to increase the public’s awareness of the planning profession by recognizing local achievements in our field.